We offer value added services that help you structure and manage your business to its best advantage. We help new businesses get off the ground and provide objective assessments of existing ones. You reap the benefit of increased efficiency, control, and insight.
New Business Formation
Are you thinking of joining the ranks of small business owners? Along with a great idea and strong sense of the market you’ll serve, you’ll need a business and financial advisor who can help your dream take flight while keeping your feet firmly planted on the ground.
We can help you:
- Develop or refine your business plan with the associated pro forma financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow) and budget
- Select a business structure that suits your needs by considering tax advantages, legal exposure, ease of operation, and portability
- Develop partnership agreements, as needed, to avoid financial and/or emotional trauma downstream
- Prepare and file all required state and local licenses and permits.
- Make application for your Federal Employer Identification Number.
- Identify start-up capital needs and available resources to address them
- Examine your borrowing power and provide coaching on how to cultivate a mutually beneficial banking relationship
- Identify your business insurance needs
- Select the right accounting software and establish the appropriate chart of accounts
- Establish billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow
- Establish procedures to monitor and control costs
- Provide payroll and payroll tax filing when and if you hire employees
We’re eager to get your business off to a good start.
Contact us to learn more about our New Business Formation Services.
We provide objective assessments of business interests by helping you identify and analyze the relevant factors that drive value. We examine:
- The strength and stability of the customer base and the associated revenue stream
- Prospects for growth given the available market and competitive positioning
- The overall financial health of the business
- Valuations for comparable entities
The results inform your decision making as you buy or sell business interests, forge partnerships, negotiate with third parties for debt or equity financing, navigate martial separation, or settle estates. Our professionals can serve as advisors during due diligence and provide expert testimony in legal proceedings.
Contact us to get a free consultation on our Business Valuation Services.
We help you establish appropriate internal controls to ensure proper handling of resources and guard against employee theft. Some best practices include:
- Segregating duties across multiple individuals to minimize exposure to error and inappropriate behavior
- Establishing lines of authority and the associated processes for transaction approval
- Assigning responsibility for periodic review and reconciliation of financial records by someone who was not involved in executing transactions or preparing statements
- Scheduling periodic manual counts of equipment, inventory, and other tangible property to ensure alignment with the accounting records
- Documenting policies and procedures as guideposts for your employees’ day-to-day activities
- Training employees on their respective job duties and establishing appropriate levels of ongoing supervision
- Reviewing operations to ascertain whether results are consistent with established goals, objectives, and protocols
Contact us to get a free consultation on our Internal Control Services.